Welcome to Algebra Foundations for Calculus | Course 1: The basics! In this 4-course series, you'll learn the foundational algebra principles needed to be successful in Calculus.
Course 1 objectives:
- Understand the meaning of Calculus and what Calculus helps us discover
- Practice mathematical notation and using proper notation to compute expressions
- Graph lines and calculate slope
- Learn why slope is important in Calculus
- Define the derivative and graph the derivative of a function given its graph
- Simplify rational and logarithmic expressions
- Use the Unit Circle to find sine, cosine, and tangent of common angles
Katie is passionate about education and particularly excited about the potential of online learning. She has designed courses for Udacity, Stanford Graduate School of Business, McKinsey Academy, African Leadership University School of Business, and Applied Materials, to name a few. Click here to learn more about how she works with clients. In addition, she has consulted for a number of education non-profits, start-ups, and for-profit companies on product development, curriculum development, pedagogy, and investments in edtech. And of course, she has been an educator in a number of capacities, from tutoring to teaching supplemental college courses, after-school programs, and summer school programs. Her two greatest passions are learning and making learning fun for others.
BS Mathematics, BS Economics (cum laude), University of Utah (2010)
MA International Comparative Education, Stanford University (2011)